The internal audit managers are responsible for overseeing internal operating controls, processes and practices. They may also recommend changes and enhancements to existing policies and controls to make sure they are current, adequate, functional and utilized in accordance with standards established by the government and the company. Some audit managers will manage a team of junior auditors or accountants, reviewing their works and providing guidance.
We are looking for an objective internal auditor to add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and sound judgments.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Accountable for the development and coordination of the bank’s internal auditing activities.
* Develop and implement internal auditing policies, procedures, and program.
* Review of accounting procedures.
* Survey functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of operations, and adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives.
* Supervise or conduct independent audits of bank records and activities, and prepare varied analyses of the departments, and branches for management.
* Investigate and determine causes of irregularities, and errors.
* Recommend corrective action and suggest improvement.
* Advise top management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors on audit, and internal control matters.
* Manage subordinate employees in the auditing department.
* Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training employees;
* Planning, assigning, and directing work
* Appraising performances
* Rewarding and disciplining employees
* Addressing complaints and resolving problems. .
* Supervise, conduct, and report on the testing and adequacy of the bank’s internal controls over financial reporting.
JOB SKILL AND ABILITIES
* Strong background and experience with audit methodologies and techniques
* Prior success conducting external or internal audits
* Ability to build relationships while asking tough questions
* Excellent written and oral communication ability
* Strong time management and organizational skills
* Acts as a Team Player - Collaborate and supporting colleagues and peers across the organization, while still being able to work independently when needed
* Results Oriented – Meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands and to work with all types of individuals up to and including the CEO
* Focuses on the Customer by understanding the business from the customer’s perspective and by keeping in regular contact with customers to understand business priorities and issues.
* Committed to Self-Development
* Ability to manage projects and, when required, supervise auditors to follow sound internal control practices and to manage risks appropriately
* Be adaptable and able to meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands and to work with all types of individuals up to and including the CEO
* Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent time management and organizational skills
* Detail oriented but able to quickly grasp the big picture
Interested candidates should have;
* A post-secondary degree preferably in business, finance or related field
* Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, and Visio).
* Proven working experience. Applicants may even have a master’s degree in business, finance or related field
* Professional certificate(s) and qualification(s) might be an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
* Interested candidates should forward their CV details to broadviewstrategies @gmail.com
* Candidates can also opt to send their Full names, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 09*********
* Candidates can also opt to send their Full names, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
* Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
* Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
* Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted