Booking Managers are known by many names, such as Booking Agents, Theatrical Agents, Bookers, or Booking Representatives. They negotiate contracts and secure engagements for musical artists, theatrical or ballet productions, nightclub acts, concerts, lectures, trade shows, dance troupes, and similar performers. Their primary responsibility is to help artists find gigs.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
*A Booking Manager’s duties may vary greatly depending on the client.
*They may act as a representative of the client, checking venues for potential availability dates when their client may perform.
*Booking Managers may also arrange payment details and manage any special agreements as part of the contract.
*In addition to that, they may contact film and industry professionals on behalf of their clients to acquire suitable jobs for them.
*Once their client is hired, they coordinate contractual agreements, such as hotel reservations, transportation, and meal appropriation and payments.
*Booking Managers may also be responsible for maintaining a portfolio of his client for distribution to potential employers.
*This may include a video or DVD of the client’s work and photos or media clippings of the artists.
To be a successful Booking Manager, one must have excellent communication skills, business acumen, knowledge of making itineraries, be patient enough to withstand talking on the phone for long hours, be dependable, good grasp of sales, has strong networking skills, and a passion for music and the arts. They need to have a strong work ethic, and can work well with artists.
Interested candidates should have
*Degree I relevant field or discipline.
*Entry level as a NYSC certificate holder
* Master's degree is an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 08 — show phone
• Candidates can also optional to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.