PARSLEYGLOBAL is a recruiting agency for SintacHotels suited in island , and looking for agile, good-looking and hard-working individuals.
Dry-cleaning and Laundry workers clean clothing, linens, drapes, and other articles, using washing, drying, and dry-cleaning machines. They also may clean leather, suede, furs, and rugs. Items made of a combination of fabrics frequently need special attention to avoid damaging items during the cleaning process.
Dry-cleaning and Laundry workers ensure proper cleaning of clothing, linens, and other articles. They adjust machine settings for a given fabric or article, as determined by the cleaning instructions on each item of clothing. Workers add the proper type and amount of cleaning detergent or liquid solvents to washing machines, which agitate clothes similar to washing machines in most homes.
When necessary, workers treat spots and stains on articles before washing or dry-cleaning. They monitor machines during the cleaning process and ensure that items are not lost or placed with items of another customer.
Often dry-cleaning and laundry workers interact with customers. They take the receipts, find the customer's clothing, take payment, make change, and do the cash register work that retail sales people do.
•Sort articles to be cleaned by fabric type, color, and cleaning technique
•Load clothing into laundry and dry-cleaning machines
•Inspect articles for stains and fabrics that require special care
•Remove, sort, and hang clothing and other articles after they are removed from the machines
•Clean and maintain laundry and dry-cleaning machines
•Add detergent, bleach, and other chemicals to laundry and dry-cleaning machines
•Receive items from customers and mark them with codes or names
JOB ACTIVITIES FOR: "LAUNDRY AND DRY-CLEANING WORKER"
1) Getting Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
2) Performing General Physical Activities -- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
3) Controlling Machines and Processes -- Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles).
4) Training and Teaching Others -- Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
5) Handling and Moving Objects -- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
6) Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates -- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
7) Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material -- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
8) Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships -- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
9) Assisting and Caring for Others -- Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as co-workers, customers, or patients.
SKILLS, INTERESTS AND QUALITIES
As a dry-cleaner you will need:
•a good eye for detail
•the ability to record items accurately
•customer service skills, if working in a dry-cleaning shop
•the ability to operate machinery and follow instructions
•the ability to handle cash if working in a shop
•An awareness of health and safety issues.
You don't usually need any particular qualifications to become a dry-cleaner. We interested in your personal qualities like reliability, time keeping and customer care. Retail sales experience can also be useful.
You may be able to start on the Fashion and Textiles (Dry-Cleaning) Apprenticeship with a clothing manufacturer or dry-cleaning company. Minimum of S.S.C.E
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should forward their CV or cover letter and post applying for to the message box on this advert hrm.parsleyglobal @gmail.com or send same details to the number on this advert. Not abiding by this rules and regulations will lead to TOTAL disqualification. Only qualified candidates will be contacted