ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES 1. Fills out appropriate forms and turns in any article(s) left by guest(s), to the head housekeeper.
2. Strip bedding and counts linen in the room, then makes beds neatly with fresh sheets and pillowcases.
3. Picks up debris from the floor and empties trash in wastebaskets.
4. Cleans mirrors and shelves, wipes doors, door frames and furniture. Dusts all surfaces, arranges furniture properly and vacuum carpet. 5. Cleans bathrooms, scrubs basins, tubs, toilets, and tile floor with appropriate chemical solution in accordance with company policy, using protective equipment.
6. Replenishes room supplies in proper quantity and locations.
7. Reports to Executive Housekeeper, all rooms that are vacant and clean and rooms that are occupied and have been cleaned.
8. Reports to the Executive Housekeeper any needed repairs to furniture and fixtures. Reports all deficiencies in operation of heating and cooling systems, televisions, and replaces light bulbs as needed.
9. Checks heating and cooling system as appropriate for the time of year, televisions, alarm clocks and all lights in all areas of the bathroom and guest room.
10. Will be required to perform deep cleaning projects as assigned.
11. Maintain a clean and well-stocked cart as well as other equipment.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES: 1. Any other duties as assigned by the Executive or Head Housekeeper
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: • Ability to work a varied number of hours per week on a rotating basis. • Ability to understand the enormous part they play in making the total Inn operable. • Must be mature, neat in appearance, courteous, friendly, and outgoing; and know what to do or say in dealing with people. • Must be in good health; able to smile and always be pleasant. • Must be in uniform at all times while on duty. • Ability to operate a vacuum cleaner, and report malfunctions as they occur. • Must be able to learn and comprehend all company policies pertaining to position and employment. • Ability to communicate verbally and in writing. • Ability to see problem areas arise in individual rooms and be able to communicate these problems to the housekeeper either verbally or in writing. • Must possess a sense of discretion and confidentiality.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Ability to lift 30 lb. regularly and 50 lb. occasionally. • Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, walk, carry, lift, climb, and have manual dexterity.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Background in housekeeping a plus.
All CVs should be forwarded to latoshnigeria @gmail.com