The role of a salon manager is that of a critical player when it comes to running a successful, profitable beauty or grooming business. This person essentially juggles all the moving parts to ensure satisfied customers, happy employees and a profitable business.
* Managing client appointments.
* Keep up with the demand of clients.
* Managing salon personnel.
*Cutting, styling, colouring, washing and perming hair.
* Giving wax treatments.
* Welcoming and greeting customers who come to the store.
* Setting targets for the beauty therapists.
* Managing, motivating and training a small team of Stylists.
* Driving turnover and profits.
* Managing and forecasting retail stock levels.
* Identifying staff training requirements.
* Analysing weekly and monthly sales figures.
* Controlling salon expenses
* Ensure the smooth operation of the hairdressing salons and theory room, security of rooms, monitoring of appointments, and reception area.
* Work with the Programme Leaders for hairdressing in the ordering of stock, exercise control of stock levels including inventories, prepare purchase orders, receive deliveries, issue stocks and organise materials.
* Liaise with, and be accountable to, the Finance Department, as appropriate. Carry out cashing up, as required and manage the computer system for client records, cashing up and stock control. Assist with increasing the financial targets for the area.
* Ensure security of all stock, equipment and monies is accurate.
* Ensuring realistic and commercial targets are set and achieved. Manage the marketing and competition
* Help to prepare chemicals, products and equipment for hairdressing treatments and dispense the quantities needed, prepare sterilising cabinets and associated materials and equipment for classes and salon sessions, and perform chemical skin tests on clients.
* Control laundry and the supply of towels .
* Provide guidance and support to staffs with reception and telephone procedures, the use of the till, stores procedures and monitor staffs when mixing chemical preparations.
* Enhance the retailing presence in all areas to increase the revenue.
* Deal with general enquiries from staffs and clients of the salons. Ensure the client base is managed effectively.
* Generate adverts if required.
* Ensure that all equipment is clean and in working order and arrange for repairs and servicing as required. Maintain the cleanliness and order of stock cupboards and all areas. Maintain the Computer system.
* Manage assessment / client sessions as required.
* To achieve income targets set for the Salon.
* To arrange promotional activities to increase the number of customers using the salon.
* Previous experience - Min. 5 years salon experience, experience in similar role desirable.
* Personal characteristics - Strong leadership and communication skills, highly motivated and ambitious.
* Good “people” skills , as a manager you must be able to understand and assist staff if they need help or are having difficulty which affect their work for example if a salon staff member is having child care problems and cant get into work it is the salon managers duty to see if the staff member hours can be adjusted to suit her current situation.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested Candidates/Applicants should forward a Copy of their CVs to the HR: hrm.villegasintegratedservices @gmail.com OR
forward their Names,Qualifications,Post Applying for and Phone Number to the message box here OR to the Number displayed on this Advert.
Failure to abide by these Rules and Regulations will lead to TOTAL disqualification.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted