cook prepares, seasons, and cooks all kinds of food to serve in a restaurant. He is usually part of the cooking staff of a restaurant along with dishwashers, kitchen helpers and fellow cooks or chefs as well.
A short-order cook prepares dishes on a fast-food type of restaurant, while a cook can also be an expert in one kind of food in a rather large restaurant. Kitchen helpers work side by side with cooks in preparation of food may it be pastries, vegetables, or even soup. A cook may also order supplies, keep records and accounts, price items on menu, or even plan the menu.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* He/She cook washes, peels, cuts and prepares food designated for cooking, packages batches of food;
* cooks the orders by different customers simultaneously, maintains sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas;
* Weighs, measures and mixes ingredients required for specific food items being prepared;
* Operates large-volume cooking equipment;
* verifies that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity;
* Orders and takes delivery of supplies depending on estimated food consumption; portions, arranges, and garnishes food to serve; coordinates and supervises work of kitchen staff;
* consults with the Managerial staff to plan and price menus.
* Be/She must understand proper preparation techniques, memorize a large variety of recipes to ensure consistency, know the materials methods, and equipment in food preparation as well as knowledge of food values,
* Menu planning, and uses for left-over food.
* The ability to take inventory and keep records of foodstuffs used and give significant assistance in planning menus for both banquets and regular meals is also needs.
* They also must be neat-looking, physically fit, and the ability to perform mathematical computations in order to meet budgets.
Interested candidates should have;
* Degree in relevant field/discipline.
* SSCE holder with relevant experience should apply
*Entry level as a NYSC certificate holder
*Master's Degree is an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
* Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV to:
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to
• Candidates can also optional to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted